Skip to main content

Northern Syria struggling due to violence, in-fighting of Turkish backed groups

 Like most parts of the last decade, violence in Syria sees no end with the latest target being a town in the Northern part of Syria. A town in this part of the war-torn country has become the battleground of Turkish backed groups and US backed forces.

There are fears of large scale Turkish evasion in the area resulting in an increase in violence in the region. Activities from the rebel groups and especially those backed by Turkey have seen a rise in the town of Ain Issa as the Ankara funded Syrian militias are attacking US backed democratic forces.

This has resulted in people living in the area to displace and find a roof somewhere else in the country as they cannot even choose neighboring sites because fights had already damaged these areas.

The town has been in control of the Kurdish population led by SDF, which is also backed by the United States in its fight against the Islamic States capturing of major towns in the country. Russia, however, is against this as it strongly supports the Syrian government and also has a significant military presence in the nearby towns.

So, it won’t be wrong to say that the country is handled by three major factions Turkey, Russia and the US. SDF official has confirmed the news saying, “ When we refused the latest Russian demand to withdraw from Ain Issa, the situation escalated with Turkey and its Syrian proxies waging attacks on our forces on a daily basis.”

SDF has also said that Russia has been pressuring them to leave the town and hand it over to Bashar-al-Assad's government. The official while talking to VOA revealed that Russia and Turkey want SDF to move out of Ain Issa and other areas where our presence is there.”

“Ain Issa has become a foothold of infiltration, harassment, and terrorist attacks for PKK/YPG. The Ongoing terrorist attacks in Ras-al Ayn and OPS area are the evident consequence of such hostility,” SDF officials further said. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israeli settlers have once again attacked religious minorities in the region, this time targeting a church in East Jerusalem.

  According to reports, the settlers assaulted clerics and worshippers at the Church of the Sepulchre of Saint Charbel, causing damage to the property and injuring several people. This kind of behavior is not only unacceptable but also undermines efforts to promote peace and stability in the region. Attacks on religious minorities are a direct attack on religious freedom and must be condemned by all. The Israeli authorities must take swift action to bring the perpetrators to justice and hold them accountable for their actions. It is also important to ensure the safety and protection of religious minorities and their places of worship, as guaranteed by international law. this incident is a sad reminder of the ongoing conflict in the region and the need for a comprehensive and just solution. It is up to all of us to work together to promote understanding, tolerance, and respect for different beliefs and cultures, and to build a brighter and more peaceful future for all.

Fights break out as Kurds protest the French government's denial of a terrorist attack

  Following the murder of three Kurds in what is being considered to be a probable racist incident , there have been widespread protests in Paris. The fact that the authorities did not view the attack at a Kurdish centre as a terrorist act has enraged the Kurdish diaspora in Paris. A 69-year-old man opened fire on a crowd of individuals early on Friday morning at the Ahmet-Kaya centre on Rue d'Enghien in the 10th arrondissement. One of the three victims is badly injured. All of the dead were Kurdish community members who passed away both inside and outside the cultural centre. Agit Polat, a spokesman for the Kurdish centre, charged that French officials "yet again failed to safeguard us... This is a terrorist attack in our eyes, according to the AFP news agency. In the afternoon, a number of protestors, largely from the Kurdish diaspora, got into a fight with the police outside the centre and in the streets close by, throwing rocks and torching trash cans. Police use...

Verbal spat between Joe Biden and Benjamin Netanyahu over Israel judicial overhaul

  The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, turned down United States President Joe Biden’s suggestion that the Israeli government “walks away” from a plan to overhaul the country’s legal system. A verbal spat between the two close allies took place on Wednesday. The US President and Israeli Prime Minister exchanged a few words on judicial changes in Israel. On Tuesday, reporters asked Joe Biden about Israel’s judicial overhaul planned reforms. Biden reportedly said, “I hope he (Netanyahu) walks away from it.” He said that the Israeli government “cannot continue down this road” and urged compromise on this plan to overhaul the country’s legal system. Subsequently, the Israeli PM said that his country makes its own decisions. He reportedly said in a statement, “Israel is a sovereign country which makes its decisions by the will of its people and not based on pressures from abroad, including from the best of friends.” Netanyahu’s latest comments came a day after he de...